Learning Resource Center, Inc.
Located in convenient Mt. Kisco, NY, we understand that everyone learns differently. A strategy that works for one student may not be the most efficient method for another. Our learning specialists provide consultations and academic support to address the needs of all learners. We also offer parent seminars on current educational topics.
About the Director – Laura A. Rice, M.Ed
Laura Rice is a New York State Certified Reading Specialist with 30 years of experience in both public and private school settings. She has been a classroom teacher as well as a learning specialist and enjoys working with individuals or small groups. While she works with all aged students, she has particular expertise in the area of emergent literacy. She believes in a team approach and looks to collaborate with parents, classroom teachers and all therapists involved with the student to ensure academic success. She loves her job and looks forward to meeting you!
- M.Ed—Towson State University, Towson, MD
- BS—Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania, Bloomsburg, PA
- Windward School Teacher Training Institute Multisensory Reading – Part 1 & 2
- Expository Writing
- Language and Learning
- Lindamood Bell Training – LiPs Program; Visualizing & Verbalizing
- Interactive Metronome Certified Therapist Training
- International Dyslexia Association
- Learning Disabilities Association
- The Reading Process – It’s Not So Elementary